1. I do charge a fee for health conversations (see below). Since everyone pretty much knows how to Google and research a health question, it has been my experience that people call me for health conversations. I consider health conversations to be a volleying of questions and answers back and forth between you and me (a dialogue) that requires my utmost attention on you. For this reason all health conversations require a fee.
2. Before calling, take the time to read the section on this site called Signs and Symptoms." Did you know that 90 - 95% of your doctor's diagnosis will come from the information you give? That's right! If you leave something out, no matter how big or small, then the doctor will be diagnosing you without having all of the information. They only know what you tell them and they are asking you questions for a reason. Remember, they are also ordering tests based on what you say. In order for me to give you some guidance, be prepared to be VERY DESCRIPTIVE and read the Signs and Symptoms" section.
3. If you live outside the U.S. we can talk via SKYPE which is a free download to your computer and we can talk over the computer provided you also have speakers. Contact me through SKYPE . . . my SKYPE name is "drstandley".
4. If you live within the U.S., please provide your phone number, I call you instead of you calling me. I always run on time and this assures that we will be running on time when I call you.
5. I answer my own phone. The number is 314.420.5099 which is also posted at the top of this site in the gray box of every page. If I answer, you have not interrupted me. If I do not answer, just leave your name and number because I WILL call you back as soon as I can. Leave me a few choice times to return your call, plus your time zone.
**This web site's goal is to provide you with information that may be useful in attaining optimal health. Nothing in it is meant as a prescription or as medical advice. You should check with your physician before implementing any changes in your exercise or lifestyle habits, especially if you have physical problems or are taking medications of any kind.