Copper is an essential trace mineral and is involved in enzymatic reactions. It appears in high concentrations in the liver and brain. It aids in the formation of red blood cells, hemoglobin, and bone. It also works synergistically with Vitamin C and Zinc. It plays a role in our taste, hair and skin color.
Helps support the nervous system and aids in strong, flexible connective tissue.
If you have Wilson's Disease you should not take copper.
In combination with zinc, up to 3 mg of copper a day is considered safe as it may decrease the absorption of copper. Adults should consume no more than 10 mg of copper per day. Kidney failure and death can occur with as little as 1 gram of copper sulfate. There are 1000 mg in a 1 gram and the recommendation is no more than 10 mg per day. Symptoms of copper overdose include nausea, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, fever, stomach pain, low blood pressure, anemia, and heart problems.
May be taken daily.
Liver, oats, oranges, shellfish, nuts, raisins, salmon, almonds, avocados, barley, beans, beets, blackstrap molasses, pecans, radishes, raisins, seafood, soybeans, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, dandelion greens, garlic, lentils seeds, cocoa powder, beans, whole grains, and mushrooms.