|FACTS ABOUT MAINTAINING GOOD HEALTH|
Fun and Healthy Facts!
1. Gently massage the space between your eyebrows to induce a deep sleep.
2. Practice deep breathing to reduce blood pressure and muscle tension.
3. Laughter boosts your immune system and decreases stress hormones.
4. Each pound above your ideal weight lowers your life expectancy by 34 days.
5. Socialize up a storm. Connecting with a pal can boost your immune system.
6. A pessimistic outlook may make you four times more likely to catch a cold.
7. Exposure to second hand smoke may worsen menstrual cramps.
8. About 40 to 50 of sexually active women have never been tested for a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease).
9. Two-thirds of people taking prescriptive allergy drugs may not have allergies.
10. Munch on toast before bed and the carb-fueled serotonin boost will invite slumber.
11. Exercising for six plus hours a week can slash your risk of ovarian cancer by 27%.
12. Eating fish once a week could lower your risk of depression by 30%.
13. Having a sexy fantasy when your body hurts can double your tolerance of pain.
14. Fifteen percent of infertile women can't conceive because of damage by an untreated STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease).
15. Smoking 5 joints a day can be the equivalent of smoking 20 cigarettes a day.
16. Pet a pooch or any other animal today and you will instantly feel less stressed.
17. For 19 minutes soak your boot imprisoned feet in black tea brewed in lukewarm water to make stinky feet smell sweet.
[ back to top ]
**This web site's goal is to provide you with information that may be useful in attaining optimal health. Nothing in it is meant as a prescription or as medical advice. You should check with your physician before implementing any changes in your exercise or lifestyle habits, especially if you have physical problems or are taking medications of any kind.