FILL 'ER UP!
1. Caffeine is found in regular coffee, chocolate, cocoa, aspirin compounds, regular tea and dark carbonated drinks.
2. It has been shown that caffeine causes headaches when stopped suddenly and can cause morning headaches that are relieved by a dose of caffeine.
3. Caffeine is highly addictive.
4. Peptic ulcers and the ingestion of caffeine are linked.
5. A diet that includes caffeine will increase triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure.
6. Caffeine disrupts the function of the endocrine glands and the liver.
7. It has the ability to constrict blood vessels and cause cell degeneration.
8. Caffeine contributes to fibrocystic breast disease.
9. It disturbs the metabolism of glucose and will elevate blood sugar levels.
10. Caffeine places an extra demand on minerals, especially potassium. Potassium plays a key role in cardiac muscle and nerve conduction.
[ back to top ]
**This web site's goal is to provide you with information that may be useful in attaining optimal health. Nothing in it is meant as a prescription or as medical advice. You should check with your physician before implementing any changes in your exercise or lifestyle habits, especially if you have physical problems or are taking medications of any kind.