[Posted 2:10 AM EDT - Thursday morning, 7/03/2008]
HO'OPONOPONO (TO MAKE RIGHT)
Osda Sunalei [Good Morning in Cherokee]
Read yesterday's Daily Message titled, Tell Me What It Takes
Ho'oponopono [pronounced Ho-opono-pono] with all the o's sounding like the word "oh" means "to make right" particularly with ancestors or anyone with whom you have had a relationship with that 'you' may have done harm to either on purpose or on accident. This is 'not' about what they did to you. It's about you taking responsibility for your part and forgiving what you allowed into your Life through your own doing. It is a Hawaiian Code of Forgiveness and is used to correct the wrongs in your own Life. So while you are in the midst of forgiveness during this ritual, you are really on the path to forgiving yourself (and them) because Ho'oponopono requires your own personal responsibility. The process of Ho'oponopono is to correct family or relationship patterns that are in need of moving along their spiritual progression path. This is a time to break family patterns, stigma's and limiting beliefs that have bound you to a path that is not serving you.
Regardless of how you feel about doing Ho'oponopono, this is NOT a lucky charm. This is a process of forgiveness and 'making it right'. It is important to remember that you are connecting with Source (God) during this whole process. Your connection with Source is what matters. Believe me, He gets you.
I have practiced Ho'oponopono for about 15 years now about twice a year. Not only do I go through the motions of correcting my energy with family members, romantic relationships, friendships and acquaintances, I also bring to mind complete strangers who I remember being shallow, condescending and rude to. Instead of beating myself up, this is an opportunity for me 'to make right' with myself what I did and take full and complete responsibility for what my actions and reactions did to my spirit, not to mention theirs.
I always practice Ho'oponopono on a high holiday. This would be any holiday that has Good energy associated with it such as; New Years, Easter Sunday, my birthday, the Fourth of July, Christmas, etc. Since here in the United States we will be celebrating our "Independence Day," tomorrow on July the 4th, this is one of the days that I always choose to perform Ho'oponopono and use it as my own personal "independence day".
Since you are receiving this message a day early to the Fourth Of July, take the time to sit and write down every single person that comes to mind who you have issues with and need 'to make right'. Keep in mind, this is 'to make right' with yourself through forgiveness and what this did to your spirit due to your own thoughts and actions. This is a cleaning and clearing process.
Before I begin Ho'oponopono I always take the time to clean my space of energy, items or anything that has a negative association to it. In a hasty fashion, I will dust, mop and clean anything I can get my hands on. I do this in haste in order to stir up the energy (kicking up the dust so to speak). As I am cleaning, clearing and remembering as much as possible then I will say my list outloud and often times I end up having to read the list of people because the list is so long. I read it outloud in order to get the energy 'out there' and prepared to send off into the ethers to its spiritual progression path.
After I have cleaned in haste, I will time it just right to sit down at a time that is special to me and I will again state outloud each name and remain with that name for a moment in order to experience the forgiveness of what I did to myself through my thoughts, words or actions even if they drew first blood so to speak and my response was to their ugliness. I am taking responsibility for my part.
1. Make a list of all family, romantic relationships, friends, acquaintances and strangers with whom you feel misaligned, a lack of support, bad vibes, unfinished business, an ugly turn of events, etc. Again, remembering your part of the scene and what you allowed and taking responsibility for it.
2. As you call out each person's name, take the time to be with the scene in your mind. Picture a stream of Infinite Love coming to you from Source (God) flowing straight into your Crown Chakra [top of the head]. Remain with this energy until you feel it flow to you, in you and through you. Allow Source (God, Infinite Love) to flow through you. This can be a very emotional moment so be prepared. Infinite Love (God) is real and powerful. If you are centered and in the moment, you will feel the healing and know that everything is okay and you forgive not only them, but yourself as well.
3. You may feel like having a conversation with this person at this time (even though they aren't present) so that you can say everything you need to say. Put it out there! Remember, you are taking responsibility for how you acted, not how they acted. Stay with this person in your mind until you feel the forgiveness and you are ready to let it go.
4. If there is a cord that needs to be cut with this person, you might visualize a cord between you and that person. Picture the cord like a piece of taffy that is attached to you and that person. Connect the cord to the area on your body that was injured (mind, heart, stomach, genitals) and picture them floating away from you until the taffy stretches and finally breaks as they float along to their spiritual progression path. God will take care of the rest but you must do your part and turn it over to Him.
5. If this is a present relationship where the cord does not need to be cut but the area of the body needs to be healed, then allow Infinite Love (God) to work through the hurt and heal this area right now. Stay with it until you feel it healed. Again, this could be a very emotional moment so be prepared.
6. Now move on to the next person on your list. Some of the people on your list you will find that you have no attachment. There will be no cord, such as strangers or acquaintances and it will be easier to move on.
7. My suggestion on the time of day is a time that feels special to you. As many of you know the 3:00 PM hour is special to me because Jesus is My Man and 3:00 PM was the time of His death, which was the 9th Jewish Hour. Jewish hours (Biblically) began at 6:00 AM, which makes 3:00 PM the 9th Jewish Hour. You might choose your time of birth, high noon or another time that feels Good for you. Whatever makes you feel comfortable is the time that you should choose. I doubt God in His Infinite Love cares what time you do this forgiveness process. The point is that you are taking the time to do it.
8. I do this on a high holiday because there is so much celebration, jubilation and happiness in the air and I want the process to be as positive and wonderful as possible for everyone involved. You can actually do this whenever you want. Again, God gets you and I doubt that the date makes any difference to Him. The point is that you are taking yourself through a forgiveness process and I'm certain He's cool with it whenever you choose to do it.
9. After I have completed the list, now is the time when I open all the windows and doors to release all of those names out into the ethers and also releasing all of that energy that I stirred up in my hasty cleaning. While the windows and doors are open I walk around stating a prayer and adding to that prayer that I want all of the energy that has been stirred up to be sent along its spiritual progression path. Basically, I'm asking God to handle it now and I thank Him for being with me through this healing and clearing process. I normally leave the doors and windows open for about an hour as old energy is released and I invite new, wonderful, beautiful and Loving energy into my new space.
10. You may choose ANY prayer that feels comfortable for you or just make up your own. I had at one time a prayer that was given to me when I first did Ho'oponopono fifteen years ago but it was all in Hawaiian and I don't like saying things that I don't know what they mean. Even if it was translated, I still feel more comfortable with a prayer that resonates with my spirit. Okay, I'm a rule breaker but again, I doubt God in His Infinite Love cares what prayer you choose. The point is that you have taken part in a forgiven process and you are ending the process with a prayer and thanking Him for being with you every step of the way. If you are having trouble finding or writing a prayer, just take a peek under the Guidance Button and look for the Awesome Prayers. You can also say a Novena if you like. There are plenty of Novena's right here. Novena's are generally said for 9 hours or 9 days so if you want to begin the Novena for 9 days at the end of Ho'oponopono, then I doubt God in His Infinite Love will mind. I'm certain He gets the jest of what you are doing and there is no right or wrong way when you are having a real conversation with Him.
11. Again, regardless of how you feel about doing Ho'oponopono, this is NOT a lucky charm. This is a process of forgiveness and 'making it right'. It is important to remember that you are connecting with Source (God) during this whole process. Your connection with Source (God) is what matters most.
12. Ho'oponopono does end with a repentance prayer. You can make up your own or you can use The Act of Contrition Prayer. Once again, I doubt that it makes a difference to God if you use this prayer or one of your own that makes you feel most comfortable. What matters is your desire to be forgiven by Him. Your connection with Source (God) is what matters most. Believe me, He gets you. Now go enjoy your newfound independence.
"Now get out there, go place yourself UP!
and practice being you."
-- Dr. Loretta Standley